Saturday, February 21, 2009

Feb 21 - The Trainyard


Feb 21 The Trainyard, originally uploaded by DamnBeavers.

I 'd never actually been to the train yard in Dover (NH) before. It isn't a huge trainyard, it is basically a couple of parallel tracks and a muddy parking area. But, it is very interesting, lots of things to photograph. These tank cars were lined up and just sitting there, waiting for someone to photograph them. There was another train on the other side of it that began to move while I was out there. I expected to be shooed away while I was out there with all my photographic gear, but there was no one in the actual yard, per se. The crew had already boarded the freight train.

I actually found this area (yard) on google maps a few weeks ago and made a mental note to check it out. Google maps rocks, I've lived in this area for pretty much all my life and never knew about areas like this. I've been able to scope out some interesting locations by just 'browsing' through maps (Satellite view).

No comments:

Post a Comment