Monday, February 23, 2009

Feb 23 - Sidewalk


Sidewalk, originally uploaded by DamnBeavers.

So my photo for today's blog is NOT simply a mirror of my PBase & Flickr PaDs. While I was out shooting this morning, I simply had to capture this sidewalk. Technically I was walking back to my car (just out of frame up on the right) from shooting a church (to this shot's right, also out of frame). What isn't so apparent is the sheer slipperiness of this sidewalk. We had a heck of a storm last night, it started as a rain storm then turned to freezing rain then snow as the temps dropped. This left a base of slush that froze over beneath the snow. Driving just plain sucked, riding on a pocked and pitted dirt road would have been smoother.

Hindsight is always 20/20, looking back at this photo, I wish I'd been a little more conscious of where I was when taking this photo. I should have been over to the left a little more. A person or two out and about would have been nice also.

No comments:

Post a Comment